Sunday 11 March 2012

Back to life, back to reality, back to the here and now...

Hello!
I'm sporting a big silly grin today!
So very happy with how my first Workshop went yesterday.
A fine group of lovely girls came from all over the UK
to
Hens Teeth Haberdashery hand sewn Brooch Workshop


We had such a lovely day, gathering materials, stitching, making, talking about our favourite artists...Julie Arkell and Janet Bolton being mentioned more than once :)
The classroom was lovely, bright and spacious.
Lunch time and a chance to take a look at the Weston Park Gallery, walk in the woods and have a bite.
We had lots of coffee, tea and cake and a good old giggle too.
We all learnt something new, one way or the other, I'm sure....I know I did.
Little things that made me happy through the day were,
a collection of cut bits...
ribbons
Fab way of keeping track of your scissors
Vera's lovely tin
and lots of beautiful stitchery












We had a gathering of finished and some unfinished brooches, at the end of a simply wonderful day.












Thank you so much to all the ladies that came and made the day a very happy and memorable time.
Please see tab under header for workshop blog :)
Thanks for stopping by. x
Soul11Soul

22 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

The brooches are wonderful, so inventive.

Dotty said...

Fabulous- I wish I could have come! The brooches look wonderful

Paula said...

My dearest Viv! I am so very happy for you sweetie! I knew your workshop would be a huge success! What a lovely group of ladies! Their brooches all turned out beautiful! You are a fantastic teacher and artist! I know they had a great deal of fun and learned so much from you! I loved all of your pretty photos! So many sweet things to create with. I saw a token of friendship on the table. :) Thank you for sharing this wonderful day! Here's to many more workshops to come!!! Sending you all my love, your friend P! xoxo... don't forget to rest! :)

Jane LaFazio said...

oh my goodness! what fun. I love what everyone did.

henny designs said...

Oh, everything looks great - what fun! x

RosesRadishesandRubbish said...

Dear Viv,

Congratulations on your first, of I am sure many workshops. Thanks so much for shirring the pics. I so wish I could meet you in person someday....The photos are great and I pinned a few over on Pinterest...wow what creativity. lotsa, hugs, Amy xoxo

veronica said...

Hi Viv, thanks for a lovely day. If anyone is thinking they might book for one of Viv's workshops then just do it. It was super. Vera.

carole johnston said...

What a great day Viv, everyone's brooches are individual which is great,I imagine each lady is thrilled with her item..

Jayne said...

What lovely lovely brooches you
all made, there is something very inspiring about working with kindred spirits when creating. Having lots of cuppas and cake definitely helps too.

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Well done Viv, what a nice way to spend the day - for everyone. Lesley x

mycuriousteaparty said...

Congratulations Viv.
Your workshop... An outstanding success, all of the wonderful brooches and all of those happy faces...

Congratulations once again..

~ Julie

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

How sweet all the brooches are lovely.
Now Viv you need to offer an on-line class for those of us just a wee bit farther away!
Tata for now.
Susan x

Flaming Nora said...

Wow! amazing work. Congratulations on it being such a howling success.

Gina said...

It looks as though you all had a wonderful day Viv.

Penny said...

Gorgeous brooches. Have you thought of an on line class? Its a bit far to come from Oz.

carrad said...

Well done on your wonderful workshop! The brooches are just fab and I'm not surprised that everyone enjoyed it. I love it when people voluntarily tell me they were inspired after one of my workshops. More power to you!!! xx

noelle said...

Looks like a wonderful day and some fab things made!

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

iOne day I would love to come to your workshop Viv!
XX
Becky

Lyn said...

Oh I would love to come on one of your workshops and learn how to make such pretty brooches!
xxx

Mary Stanley said...

what a great workshop! thanks for showing us all the wonderful brooches that everyone made! always love your creations!

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

How I wish I could have been there V at your debut workshop. What a fine array of creativity and all inspired by my very clever friend.
Mxx

Connie said...

Oh I wish I could sit at that table and stitch with you ladies. It looks like such a delightful afternoon. Connie :)