Wednesday 1 May 2013

North Norfolk


Hello,
the current husband, two doggies and I, are just back from a few days in North Norfolk.

The sun popped his hat on especially for us and
we have fallen in love with a very special and beautiful part of England.
Here is the boy surveying 'his' beach.
 I managed to do a wee spot of drawing.
 We managed an Aperitif or two.
 This was our view from the house we hired.   We watched the tide come and go and the sun rise and set.
 We visited incredibly beautiful towns like Holt.
 Visited nature reserves on the Broads, like Horsey.

 We visited Hickling Church, which holds a very ancient Tomb,
 covered in graffiti.
   I could have stayed all day just looking at the marks made over the last four hundred years or so.



 This windmill, in the distance, is called Horsey Windpump
 and here is my old man with his doggies...on the beach at Walton, which had huge sea defenses.   
Can you see how the bank is eroding?
We did have a lovely few days.   
The weather was kind and it was a real switch off, which I suppose is what it's all about
 ~0~ 
Finally, I just wanted to say that I will be holding a Workshop at Weston Park on the 8th June next.   
Details on my Workshop Blog, link just under the header.   More about that next time.
Thank you for stopping by. x

19 comments:

lettice leaf said...

So glad you had a simply spiffing time Viv; trouble now is, you'll be even more inspired and make me even MORE jealous! There's only so much envy a girl can pack into a mental rucksack.

BIG luft,

LLX

Magic Bean said...

One of our favourite places. So glad the weather behaved for you and that you got to have a little sea view aperitif or two... most important on a seaside hol. Hope you managed an icecream as well. Ax

A Mermaid's Tale said...

Sounds wonderful Viv, just perfect......and what a glorious thing to be able to watch the waves and the sunset. I hope to visit Norfolk in my camper at some point, so thanks for the tips on where to go; that ancient graffiti is fascinating! x

Country Cottage Chic said...

It does look lovely. Mmmm...I think I might like to live somewhere called Horsey!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I love Norfolk, great photos! :) x

somewhere on the avenue said...

Lovely post with memories of Norfolk for me, love the place. Try and see Holt at Christmas :)

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

We love this part of Norfolk too. The light is just amazing there .... and the veiws go on forever. Love that grafitti!
Minerva x

Plain Jane said...

What amazing graffiti! Jane x

the woolly dog said...

What a lovely place to spend a break right by the water. We've only been to Norfolk once, many years ago, around Holt and Cromer, your pictures make me want to go again.
Love the way you refer to your man as your current husband (does he read your blog?) I often introduce mine as my first husband which keeps him on his toes lol ♥

Greenorchid said...

I love Norfolk too... huge skies and great beaches. Cx

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful...:)

Deborah Darling said...

Glad you had a lovely time sweetheart, I will post your goodies tommorrow xXx

primrosesattic said...

Look like you had a fab time. Beautiful Pictures.
Rosezeeta.

sharon young said...

What a lovely evocative post, we've had some wonderful holidays in Norfolk.

Caterina Giglio said...

great post, love your sense of humour...

Flaming Nora said...

Beautiful Pictures of a truly beautiful place.

Jayne said...

What a lovely break you had Viv, I always wanted to have a cottage on the beach and listen to the sea. I bet you got lots of inspiration from the graffiti, windmill etc. Jaynex

Dotty said...

Norfolk looks beautiful. Lots of inspiration for you there!

JP said...

love the view from the cottage - could you send me the link for it - the sound of the sea is the best