Sunday 26 October 2008

Cards by Paula's package of loveliness

I have been really spoilt just lately with so many lovely things given to me and here I am again telling you about another beautiful gift. The lovely paula of
cardsbypaula sent me these beautiful crocheted flowers, so much time and work gone into these, accompanied by a handmade card and embelleshed envelope. Paula's blog is a full of interest and tips and templates, go take a look.
Thank you so much Paula.

When I took these items of beauty out of their packaging.......'necklace' sprang to mind and a few hours later...... tra la...... I fixed three/four crocheted flowers together, which made three flowers in all, if you get my drift, and then got the old crocheting hook out and attached them along with lots of button delights to the chain. My shoulders were up by my ears by the time I had done, but well worth the intense work .... I am really looking forward to wearing it and showing it off.






I've been making lots of these too.........................




and this...................... I have been asked by Stafford Shire Hall Gallery to supply pieces for the Christmas Craft Exhibition. So, one has to get one's finger out!
The envelope that this collage is worked on, is an absolute beauty. Polish in origin, sent to Scotland in 1952. The markings and stamps are so beautiful and interesting. I covered up the address with this photo of the couple from the Album I talked about recently. They obviously have no tie with the envelope but I like the shape of the couple, obviously 'well to do' and looking very straightlaced.
So this is the first of a few pieces I have to work on over the next few days (the picture framer is on stand by)!

I have also been making these corsages....I love making them, very satisfying! I have added them to my Etsy store, just to see if they are of any interest to anyone!



Last but not least, I apologise for the lack of Saturday Shopping List this week, I have quite a bit on. My poor old Dad goes for an angiagram tomorrow, so that's me at the hospital for most of tomorrow. Then on Tuesday, we hope to visit our eldest daughter, Lucy, who recently moved to live in London. I am hoping we can all hop on a bus and head for Covent Garden, one of my fav places in all the world and also head for
magma books, one of many shops, no doubt.
Have a good week and thanks for stopping by.x







13 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Lovely items, great necklace.
I have just got back from london visiting my sister.
Hope all is ok for your Dad tomorrow.x

mimilove forever said...

Dems well wikid!!

(You'll note my fingers firmly on the pulse n keeping up with all the pops there!)

Gorgeous to the max!!
x;0)

..and a big supportive virtual hug too...
x

Pippa said...

Beautiful! I would never have thought to do that with those flowers - what a wonderful necklace! I really love this new phase you've entered into with your envelope work - the photos and the hearts. It's all so beautiful!

Gina said...

The crochet necklace is beautiful - I'm sure I would never have the patience. We had a lovely meal yesterday with my son who has recently moved to London. Hope all goes well with your Dad.

gunnelsvensson said...

Great necklace ! and the collage, wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Viv. Those cards should go down a storm. Hope your dad is OK. Have a good time in London. I'm just back from there helping with daughter no. 1's house-moving, so had no time to shop! Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Wow these are absolutely beautifully gorgeous!

I cannot believe how creative and original but still completely stunning these look!


Cheers,
Mary

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

There are no descriptive words worthy of describing how I feel about your work. TOTALLY GORGEOUS, LUSH, EDIBLE, DIVINE?? hope these will do. Hope all is well with your family. Warmest thoughts. X

Jackie said...

Very pretty use of the flowers. Have fun in London.
x

Anonymous said...

Viv, first of all hope everything goes well for your dad.

Secondly, wow what a beautiful, beautiful necklace you made with my so simple flowers, I love it. I also agree with everyone else's comments your envelopes and corsages are just so wonderful.

'fancypicnic' said...

Great work going on at your place, Viv! Love the corsages - they'll do well, I'm sure...and naturally, I love the envelope work - so beautiful and enigmatic, as always xx

Charis Sharpe said...

Wow your work is absolutely beautiful & very unique... & the crocheted flower necklace is gorgeous!
Have just found your blog & i will be Following...

Mrs Jelly said...

I love how your necklace came out - really pretty :o)
Ooh - just noticed we share some same readers!
I found you through swirlyarts
Emma
xx