Monday 14 July 2008

Primitive inspiration







Friday on Flickr I came across http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldworldprimitives/ OMG I love them....the dolls etc are made from Netty LaCroix patterns and Stephanie Baker has made them up....beautifully and are for sale on her Etsy. Anyway inspired by the sheer simplicity of the shapes, textures and colour pallette, I started to have a little doodle. My husband again 'does'nt get it' but hey.....I think I will try and keep these going and see how thing develope.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

See what you mean. Her stuff is great. Think I've actually 'visited' her before but never really looked at her blog. She gives great instructions for how to distress a prim doll. Must go back.

Your sketchbook doodles are fantastic. Can't wait to see what you make...

silverpebble said...

These are such great sketches and such interesting shapes - they remind me of Giacometti statues. I need to go and check out that blog.

I've visited you before but not commented. Love your images.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big netty fan and have made a few of her patterns - (there's a pic of one of her dolls on my flickr). I live near Shrewsbury and saw one of your lovely hugglies in a little shop there a while ago - and now I've found your lovely blog!

Pippa said...

I love it. So many people "don't get it" - leave them to it and have some fun.