Monday 14 July 2008

Stockholm to Japan





I did this at the weekend too. (I do interact with the family and push the vacuum around occasionally!) I have had this envelope for ages and wondered what I could do with it ~ the printed image is so beautiful and the usual stuff I do on envelopes would not have worked. In a flash ....a flash I tell you, of inspiration I sorted out an old Deightons Embroidery transfer and ironed it on, rather hesitantly and then spent the weekend embroidering it ~ not so easy, infact a real fiddle faddle as vintage paper does not do embroidery! I'm quite pleased with the result as the embroidery does'nt overpower the printing too much. Added to Etsy SOLD

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Thats so beautiful. Perfect stitches for the title.

monda-loves said...

That is so lovely. If it hadn't already sold I would have purchased it!
Maybe next time...

Monda
x

Erin said...

I just found your blog from a link on cutable. These are wonderful! I love all your work.

Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I just found your amazing piece on Cuteable and I just love it! Such a new and fabulous twist to emboirdery. Thank you for sharing it!
~Emily

Susan Elliott said...

I LOVED this piece...I lived in Japan for three years and the cherry blossom is still one of my favorite flowers...I went to Etsy to buy it and it was gone....but thanks for the pictures and your beautiful idea.

Mieke said...

Wow, this is so beautiful!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!