Latest work. A mixure of all that I love to use....a copy of a front ledger page dated 1900, foil, liberty, old table cloth, you name it ...it's in there! All sewn onto a piece of handmade paper.
Well, I've been tagged, my first one, by the very naughty charlotte of fancypicnic, (I'll get you back)!
Seven things, you may or may not want to know about me:
1. I could not survive without three coffees made in my cafetiere each morning, life would not be worth living without my coffee.
2. I am an absolute stickler for good manners. Infact, I probably say 'thank you' and 'sorry' far too often. I am the 'manners police' at work and make all the students say please and thank you! Can't abide arrogance!
3. I really enjoy any books about the Tudor period ~ such an incredible era of British history.
4. I am a gardening fanatic but only in Spring, by June the gardening 'urge' has passed me by. Perhaps when I get my small orchard, large veggie plot, and riverside garden, I may spend more of the year gardening.......well, we can all dream!
5. This is going to make me sound very old, but I love being at my caravan and especially where it is situated in North Herefordshire.....such a beautiful and unspoilt park of the country.
6. I hate the fact that now I am in my late forties, I have lost hair where I want it and have gained it where I don't! Too much info????
7. Loathe food shopping ~ my husband has to do it. I am not too bad in a small store but put me in a very large Superdupermarket and I get completely overwhelmed. I fill the trolley with all sorts of stuff and then have no room for essentials. I find the whole experience completely exhausting and I always forget something essential. Pathetic!
Well that's me done, now for seven other poor unsuspecting lovelies:
prettyshabby septemberbird piccalilyandblossom whetnallwatercolours emmalamb crazyjanedesigns myartylife/pippa
One of my tags is vintageprettyshabby take a look at her LaLa post ~ so exquisitely beautiful and moving. I've never seen anything like it.
Thanks for stopping by.x
Absolutely lovely, really like the pink metal hearts.
Thanks for the tag! it's going to take me longer to decide who to tag next, than to come up with seven facts!
I really love the fabric border on your new piece, especially the butons ;)
I love the new piece. The mix of items works well.
I just saw your new piece listed on etsy and had to pop in and say how much I love it, I'm a real sucker for hearts and gingham!
thats a lovely piece. I enjoyed your 7 things. I have an English friend and she tells me saying sorry is a national pastime - i step on her foot and she says sorry for being in my way. lol
yes, I can see that it is all you love in the new collage! Wonderful!
I had fun when I reading about you!
I wish I could send my husband food shopping on is own....the hair business of getting old is pretty awful isn't it.
I am like you re coffee and manners!x
Love your newest piece :0)
her hair and dress are adorable and I love the vintage background.
Thanks for the tag ! Off to think about my 7 things and 7 others to tag ! I was wondering what to blog about next :0)
I love that new piece of work - such a pretty combination of materials and techniques.
oh I do love reading peoples tags..I'm such a nosy parker,I can totally relate to numbers 2,3,6 & 7..infact they could have be written by me..urrgh food shopping and dont get me started on chin hairs!! thanks for passing that tag on to me, I'll have to get my thinking cap on!
I love the embroidered skinny flowers that you sew,they're just beautiful..oooh I really do like your work Viv!.
Glad you liked 'lalaland' I only found out it existed recently and was surprised to find it had been on You tube for 10 months already, some people think it's a bit dark but I think it's beautiful and that haunting music gives me goosebumps every time
That's gorgeous Henny...loving that pink foil
With you on manners and shopping *shudder* x;0)
loving your latest work, all that texture, and the colors!!! great details!! and it's funny, i love to food shop....so many choices, so many yummy things to eat!
Very nice work....I love the way you combine materials. I'll will visit again
Delightful work, I adore it!
And as for going to the Supermarket... Me too! I am fine at the tiny local store, but put me in anything bigger and I am like a deer in headlights. Way to many choices, and it takes me forever to get through a basic list. I need to lie down afterwards! Dear Hubby does 95% of all grocery shopping, bless him!
Oh No! Another lovely blog to add to the list.
well, I didn't notice any hair or bald patches either so thats one I've refuted..
Your little piece is lovely and I can see youenjoyed doing it . Therapy?
so beautiful and dainty. wow! i love your new work.
Love it!!it,s so beautiful!!
Beeootiful work, Viv. She's so adorable, and the hearts are glorious! Maybe we should get together in Herefordshire....and swapsie our Tudor loves.
(I am now officially going into hiding. Somewhere where you'll never find me.....chocolate aisle of the supermarket?!)
So dainty and pretty.The gingham is a lovely touch.
Viv, I LOVE your work! These latest pieces are really gorgeous.
What is this tagging business? I was tagged too, but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now.
Thank you for tagging me - I feel honoured. I'll write mine here because ... well, just because!
7 things you may or may not want to know about me
1. I like strawberry flavoured things but I don't like strawberries at all.
2. I have a degree in Linguistics
3. When I grow up, I want to be my parents
4. I really enjoy food shopping - I like looking at what is in other people's shopping trolleys and picturing them at home with it.
5. I came first in a hopping (on one leg) race when I was five and we (my class at at school) all ate green jelly afterwards.
6. I'm not that fussed about chocolate. I'd rather have cake any day.
7. Up until I went to university, I wanted to be an actress in period dramas, but I didn't (and still don't) want to be a celebrity.
By the way, I adore this new piece of yours. It's definitely a new favourite of mine :o)
Mogwaii ~ Thank you for your comment ~ so kind.
Tagging, I believe is, you list seven facts about yourself and then choose seven blogs to tag...for them to do the same!
I love your new piece, it's so delicate and beautiful with a great combination of textures - just lovely!
Thanks for the tag! I hope my 7 things are ok :-)
This is such a lovely piece Viv - I don't think that you have made anything I don't like!
Your art is sooooooooo beautiful , I love it very much .
Rini - the Netherlands
Post a Comment