Saturday 19 April 2008

Hello!

I have been pithering and dithering ...thinking about having a blog for ages. So after some wonderful encouragement (I will come back to this), I am going for it right now. I jumping in at the deep end. Whey hey!

Well I don't really know where to start, but an explanation of what I intend this blog to cover, I suppose would be a good start.

I live in Staffordshire, right smack bang in the middle of the UK. I am lucky enough to have a purpose built studio in the garden, which I adore.

I work at Stafford College of Art on Reception and managing the Art Shop. I have good days and bad days like anyone who works BUT I really would love to be able to give it up and concentrate on my obsession...my art and craft. I relish every moment I have to work in my studio.

So I wondered if you would care to share with me ~ what I find inspiring, exciting, jaw dropping, beautiful, my studio and work? And lots more besides. Can't promise all of this all the time and this is exactly why I have not started a blog before 'Have I got anything interesting to say'? Well let's give it a go!

6 comments:

Gigibird said...

Welcome to blogging:)

Can't wait to follow your creative journey.

hens teeth said...

Thank you Lynn ~ all because of you :-)

Lucyellen said...

Hi Viv ~ How lovely that I can now read your blog and pretend you are talking to me all the time! This is great ~
sincerely, lucinda

Anonymous said...

I'll be reading your blog because its nice to be in at the start. Your studio is heavenly. Will it be warm? What a big garden you must have! My Granparents lived in Walsall and they had a huge garden ' Just an ordinary semi with an enormous garden.
Looking forward to reading all about it.
Jackie (DD92)

Karen said...

Hi, welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you have as much fun here as I do! Soooooooooooo
jealousd of your studio!!

hens teeth said...

Hello to all my friends ~ thank you all so much for your support and great comments. I don't feel so nervous about this now x