Monday 5 May 2008

Hay-on-Wye



Mistletoe in one of the many
trees in
Hereford~
shire.






Must tell you about the most glorious day out, my husband and I had last Saturday. The sun actually shone for a starter! We then drove to Hay-on-Wye reknown for it's book shops. Well I thought I had died and gone to heaven! What a gem of a place, on the border of Hereford/Powys. Every other shop was a book shop with a few gorgeous galleries and boutiques thrown in! What a treat to visit a thriving town that is'nt full of opticians and building societies.


The top photo was taken from the castle looking down onto the open air book sales and High Street.

2 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Oooooh - I'm trying to persuade hubby that I need to visit Hay-on-Wye even though we have about 2,000 books already! Did you get any good books?

hens teeth said...

swirlyarts ~ thank you ~ no I did'nt get any books. It was all a bit too much in one short afternoon ~ you need a good couple of days browsing, as there are so many lovely little book shops. A very pretty town too. You can never have too many books ~ I say!