Sunday 27 July 2008

Cat love

The postman bought me a package of happiness the other day. I had ordered these patterns from USA and I felt like a child at Christmas I was so consumed with excitement.
And this what I made from one of the patterns with a few changes. Taken from a www.lakeviewprimitives.com pattern. Inspired by http://www.primitive-folk-art.com/2008/07/22/primitive-folk-art-sisters/ I really enjoyed glupping the coffee stain and baking in the oven ~ as the cat is filled with sawdust and dusted with cinnamon the kitchen smelt rather nice. You should have seen my husband's face when I announced I was popping this sawdust filled item in the oven at 200 degrees. (He does'nt 'get' this cat either).


You can't see from the photo but he has a stick for a tail. I've got quite a lot of experimenting to do with these patterns but I adore the simplicity of them and the history that goes with primitive art.
Thanks for stopping by x

4 comments:

Jackie said...

AHH! Now I know why he looks so startled..cinammon? Coffee? Gas mark 5? I think he's lovely.

Doreen Frost said...

You did a great job!!! And husbands do not understand primitives...until you start making money from them...then they get it!!!


:)Doreen

Gina said...

The cat is amazing! I'm intrigued by the whole coffee, sawdust and cinnamon combination. Fabulous!

Unknown said...

I adore him! Of course, I do have weak spot for all felines...sawdust stuffed or otherwise! He is really the cat's meow, though!