Tuesday 22 July 2008

This and that

Couple more pieces destined for Etsy here. I could embroider on these beautiful envelopes all day, every day. Just so relaxing. This top envelope is a beauty from the USA dated 1954 and I have added an iron on vintage embroidery transfer and guess what... I embroidered it. Technically cornflowers do not have yellow centres but for artistic purposes these do:-)

Jack Russells what can you say about them....characters at the very least! I thought this photo was just lovely and worked well with the vintage look of the envelope.
Complete change of subject here, just a few pics of a couple of places visited.

Holly and I visited Presteigne on the border of Wales/England. Just the loveliest small town ever. The houses are mostly medieval but have georgian frontages.

This wonderful carving shushing us all, is just in one of the main streets. Just take a look at the top of his head.

This stunning wonderful building is covered in decorative plaster work, beautifully coloured, stained glass and mosaic work all included. A really unusual building housing a charity shop.
In the church...... a little sign, very descreet, 'please close the door'.
We also visited a village fete, held in the grounds of a very large country home at Staunton on the Arrow. All sorts of games, with a few stalls such as tombola, white elephant, plants for sale, held on the large lawn which fronted a stunning lake.
Holl and I enjoyed refreshments here! She is a good girl ....I dragged her around musty book shops, charity shops, ooohh and arrgghhhed at the old buildings and then onto this fete. She did'nt moan once, which I thought was wonderful for a 17 year old.
I thought this was so terribly British. Tea on the lawn. Each table had a beautiful tablecloth and flower arrangement, which you can't see because the wind had blown all the cloths. Of course, not long after this was taken it absolutely hammered it down, spoiling the afternoon!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

What a nice day out. How did I miss this post. Have you got the right time on your clock becasue I wouldn't be up at 8.51 in the holidays even it was for blogging.
You are so lucky living near such lovely places, and having a daughter.(I love my boys but they are never going to embroider..)

Gigibird said...

How nice for you to share a day out with your daughter
Looks like it was a lovely day even though it rained....I always think the rain keeps the numbers down:)
Love the envelope with the little dog.....I don't expect that will be in your shop for long:)

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi,
Looked like the perfect day out.
Beautiful stitches.
I love the way they belong to the envelope,like they have always been there.
I just feel happy looking at embroidery.x

Anonymous said...

There's something very tender and unique about your dog series, its wonderful, and so was this travel log.

Anonymous said...

ONG I dont belive it you were stopping in my area LOL
I live on a farm in Hergest kington, joining Hergest ridge,

Pam {:0)

ArtPropelled said...

I wonder if Presteigne is close to Chester. The architecture looks familiar. We stayed in Chester on both our trips to the UK and loved it.

Love your envelope series. The blending of collage and embroidery is perfect.

Aah daughters! I am so grateful that my dear daughter enjoys a day out with me too.