Saturday 5 July 2008

New stuff

I know, I've been away for ages.....is there anyone there?
I had really lost my get up and go over the last few weeks at work, but hey.....a couple of months off now and here is what I have been working on over the last week. I am really pleased with the results, although I say it myself :-)
I have been looking for a way of combining my embroidered envelope type work and making something to wear, and I'm really pleased with the solution. You know when you get an excited buzz about trying something new and that's me at the mo!
Soldering for the first time has been an experience and although it's a bit of a fiddle faddle it does the job nicely. I only worry that folks might find the soldering a bit rough and ready but that's the nature of the beast.
I am hoping to offer to personalise the back of the pendants too. Leaving me to do the front collaging, of course, but I can type any kind of wording for the back....
I've listed these six onto Etsy.
I would appreciate your feedback x





Soldered Collaged Pendant (6)

Soldered Collaged Pendant (5)


Soldered Collaged Pendant (4)







Soldered Collaged Pendant (3)





Soldered Collaged Pendant (2)






Soldered Collaged Pendant (1)
















10 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
These are lovely.
I think you should show a picture of you wearing one.

Michala x

Jackie said...

OOH you are clever!
I like the ones with more colour best. Great idea. Gald you are back in the swing of things, and that there are feathers flying in the Coop again.

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I think the 'rough' edges are a good contrast to the embroidery and collage. Glad you've got your mojo back. Have a good summer!

Lindsey said...

O. M. G. They are gorgeous. Just popping to etsy for a little lookie now. :o)

Lindsey said...

Bought one!!!!
My first order from etsy, I only wish it was for me. :o)

Stacy said...

Viv, I LOVE them. I love how each is unique yet really shows your special style and creativity. I love the soldering as well; the less uniform and perfect the better. Mrs Jevs is right, the soldering contrasts nicely with the embroidery yet keeps that old antique feel of the letters.
Just a few hours ago I showed hubby details of your huglies for my Christmas list (I have to plan ahead if I want special things from over seas! he he), but now I am going to have to add one of these. At least he already knows where to go. The pendants really are great.
I hope things are going well, now that work is done. Do you have the whole summer off now to play with your crafties? Say hi to the family and take care of yourself girlie. Talk soon, Love Stacy

Mieke said...

Wow, they are SUPER!!!

Gigibird said...

These are great Viv.

I think they would be lovely on some silk ribbon.

Glad you are back:)

monda-loves said...

ooh these are gorgeous, and well worth the wait!

Monda
x

green phoenix said...

Lovely pendants Viv, I'm off for a scout round your etsy shop, really unique.

x